Do you want to work for a company that cares about you as a person, not just a number? For a company that provides outstanding leadership? For a company that offers exceptional benefits? RER Solutions, Inc., could be your new home.
RER Solutions, Inc., is accepting resumes for a Technical Advisor (Finance Expert for Demand-side Mechanisms) to support The Office of Clean Energy Demonstrations (OCED)’s mission to deliver clean energy demonstration projects at scale in partnership with the private sector to accelerate deployment, market adoption, and the equitable transition to a decarbonized energy system. The Technical Advisor will provide federal program support to the Market Energy Analysis team. (Hybrid Position)
- Work to tailor OCED programs to resolve critical barriers to private sector capital formation for clean energy technologies
- Develop detailed financial models to guide the discussion and structure of possible demand-side support measures like advance market commitments to ensure commercial lift-off
- Conduct detailed financial modeling to understand the impact of program design on the economics of a given project and the impact of those concepts on private sector investment in the sector, to maximize clean energy deployment per dollar spent
- Provide detailed structuring expertise to facilitate the creation of secondary markets for key clean energy products
- Support analysis on the impact of specific program design elements on OCED portfolio strategy and portfolio risk
- Prepare strategic analysis and briefing materials for senior Department leadership to communicate findings on specific support mechanisms for maximizing clean energy deployment and capital formation for a given technology.
- Conduct market and energy analysis to provide future insights into and assess OCED’s current portfolio of investments in clean energy projects through interactions and synthesis of input from a variety of internal and external subject matter experts
- Develop or leverage existing data, modeling, and analysis tools linked to crosscutting DOE strategy and policy decisions across multiple markets, energy, and industry sectors in collaboration with OCED and other DOE offices, and external partners
- Work with other DOE offices to catalyze commercial deployment in the wake of DOE-funded demonstration projects including banks, private equity, infrastructure funds, sovereign wealth funds, etc.
- Minimum of US Citizenship required to obtain client-issued Public Trust
- Excellent financial modeling skills, especially in project finance
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking or private equity preferred
- Energy or natural resources experience is strongly preferred
- Strategic thinker with a strong capacity to self-direct attention to the highest priority dimensions of a multi-faceted problem
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and experience in conducting risk versus payoff assessments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and an understanding of fundamental business writing
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Includes paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, 401k matching, life insurance, health, vision, and dental benefits
This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp or 3rd party sourcing.