United Soccer League
Job Title: Social Media & Content Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is the largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization in North America, possessing more than a decade of experience in bringing the world’s game to communities across the United States and Canada. Overseeing the USL Championship (USSF Division II), USL League One (USSF Division III), and USL League Two (Pre-Professional), the organization is built on a proven and recognized model in international football and counts more than 125 clubs in its membership.
Based in Tampa, Fla., the USL has grown during the past decade into a model organization with strong corporate partnerships and stable organizational leadership. It features a dedicated staff of more than 60 professionals across 15 departments ranging from operations, digital, communications and club services, each of which provides unparalleled support to member clubs and outside partners. Sanctioned by the U.S. Soccer Federation, the USL is #UnitedForSoccer, moving the game forward in North America.
Reporting to the Manager of Social Media & Content, the Social Media & Content Coordinator will serve as the league’s on camera talent and oversee the planning and execution of the league podcast and other content items. The Social Media & Content Coordinator will be a core part of the USL Championship’s game-day coverage on all social platforms. This position will play a vital role in the digital department’s content strategy and ideation process. The ideal candidate will be fluent in Spanish and understand the culture of soccer in North America.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as USL’s on camera talent for interviews, podcasts etc. and script subsequent content for those opportunities
- Provide live game coverage on weeknights and weekends
- Contribute content ideas towards all USL platforms and oversee the day-to-day of the content calendar for all properties
- Ideate, produce, and post content for the USL Championship’s social platforms
- Engage and build relationships with fans, players, and teams on social media
- Order and track assets for digital marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with the social media, creative, digital solutions, and communications teams on storytelling opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Minimum 6 months professional experience working on the front end of social media
- Must be fluent in Spanish (written and oral)
- Must be comfortable being on camera, professional experience working as on camera talent preferred
- Familiarity with social media management tools such as Tweetdeck, Facebook Business Manager, Hootsuite, etc.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Photoshop
- Strong understanding of social media marketing
- A strong knowledge and passion for soccer
- Experience managing successful social media and content campaigns
- Must have the ability to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills
- Flexible schedule and ability to work unconventional hours including weekend and game nights
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with team members, executives, member clubs, and external partners
- Ability to work independently in a multi-faceted, fast, fluid, and deadline-driven environment
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must
- Ability to work as business needs require which may include long days, evenings, weekends, occasional holidays, and travel if / when necessary
- Must have U.S. work authorization
We have great Perks – Comprehensive Benefits Package • Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance • Health HSA and FSA • 401k • Corporate Discounts • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Business Casual Dress • Casual Dress Fridays • And More!