Looking for an exciting, rewarding opportunity to serve your nation and your faith? Contact the Air Force Chaplain Candidate Program Recruiter at our office today!
255 Richard Ray Blvd Ste 111
Robins AFB, GA 31098-1661
Phone: (478) 327-1475
or DSN 497-1475
1-800-223-1784 ext 497-1475
There are many choices for service, but there is only one Air Force Chaplain Corps!
The Training Program
The Air Force Chaplain Corps provides spiritual care and the opportunity for Airmen, their families, and other authorized personnel to exercise their constitutional right to the free exercise of religion. This is accomplished through religious observances, providing pastoral care, and advising leadership on spiritual, ethical, moral, morale, core values, and religious accommodation issues.
Chaplain Candidates train to meet the needs of Airmen and their families as potential future Chaplains. The training program is organized into four phases over multiple years:
• Basic Training to include the five-week Commissioned Officer Training Course and the two-week Chaplain Candidate Course.
• Chaplain Candidate Intensive Internship: 35-day multi-base emersion into the Chaplain Corps mission across Active Duty, Reserve, and Guard.
• 35-day tour at an Active Duty base for hands-on practice of Chaplain skill-sets crafted to meet your reappointment goal.
• Additional tours post-degree while you earn your ecclesiastical endorsement to serve as a Chaplain.
Benefits as an Air Force Reserve Officer
• Low-cost Dental Insurance available
• On-base grocery and shopping privileges
Benefits while on Paid Training Tours of Duty
• Annual training tours with Second Lieutenant pay and benefits to include:
• Base pay
• Housing allowance
• Grocery supplement
• Family separation allowance
• Travel Pay/Per Diem
• Servicemen’s Group Life Insurance coverage available
• Potential degree credit (with seminary approval)
Benefits of Your Training
• Paid travel to and from training
• Flexibility to meet your school and civilian employment schedules
• Mentoring by seasoned Active Duty, Reserve and Guard Chaplains
• Exposure to a diverse ministry setting and broad Air Force mission
• Fighter, Bomber, Transport
• Remotely Piloted Aircraft
• Space and Cyberspace
• First Responders
• Special Ops
• Lifetime relationships with fellow candidates and mentors
• Hands-on ministry with Airmen and their families
• Maximize your potential to reappoint as an Air Force Reserve Chaplain
• Meet all military medical requirements and weight standards.
• Citizen of the United States.
• Less than 35 years of age at the time of appointment.
• Possess baccalaureate degree with not less than 120 semester hours (180 quarter hours) of undergraduate credit from an accredited college or university.
• Obtain ecclesiastical endorsement from your religious body’s military endorser.
• Enrolled full-time in an accredited or recognized theological seminary or professional school of religion.
• Working toward a professional Master of Divinity degree or equivalent (minimum 72 semester hour/108 quarter hour degree program).
• Able to complete approximately 115 days of active duty training for your first summer, and 35 days for your second summer.
• Pass a National Security Agency check on your personal history, background and credit to qualify for a security clearance.
• No drug abuse or criminal record.
• Willingness to support and defend the constitutional guarantee of free exercise of religion for all Airmen.
• Unwavering commitment to integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.