The United Way of Tri-County is seeking a Communications Intern. The intern will work closely with our Marketing and Special Events teams to create written content for digital and print materials that are used across multiple platforms. This includes newsletters, blogs, and press releases.
Typical responsibilities and tasks include:
- Help develop and maintain editorial calendars for various communications functions
- Collaborate with staff to connect with stakeholders to feature in weekly blogs
- Use written copy to create United Way newsletters using Constant Contact
- Develop press releases about United Way events and programs
- Occasionally meet with clients to hear their stories and translate those into written work (e.g. social media post, email content, etc.). Question templates and support are provided to coach intern.
- Support to special events including related email communications and event preparation (as a non-profit, prior to an event, we are all hands on deck to help out if needed)
Strong candidates will have the following:
- Writing/editing skills
- Email design (Constant Contact)
- Interest in storytelling
- Willingness to engage with clients at social service programs to tell their stories
We understand candidates have a variety of academic and personal experience and encourage all candidates who feel they would be a good fit for this position to apply. The internship is open to any class year.
Start Date: 09/07/2021
End Date: 12/10/2021
Start and end dates may be flexible +/-1 week around student’s academic schedule.
Hours: 8 hours/week, flexible schedule
Interns may complete an internship for credit. Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
Successful interns may request a reference from their supervisor.