The United Way of Tri-County is seeking a Special Events Intern to support its annual golf tournament, 5k road races, and other activities. The intern will work closely with our Special Events Manager to support event planning and execution.
The scope of work for the Special Events Intern may include the following:
- Soliciting in-kind donations for raffle prizes in person and by phone and email
- Managing participant registration
- Social media event promotion
- Posting events to online calendars
- Pre-event preparation: making registration packets, moving event materials, preparing giveaway bags for participants
- On-site support during day of special event
Strong candidates will have the following:
- Comfort with making phone calls
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- MS Word and Excel experience
- Good writing skills
- Access to a vehicle (helpful, but not a requirement)
Hours: 8 hours/week, flexible schedule
Anticipated Start Date: Week of September 7, 2021
Anticipated End Date: Week of December 6, 2021
Start and end dates may be flexible +/-1 week around student’s academic schedule. This position is open to any class year.
Please submit your resume and a brief cover letter expressing your interest in this position.
Interns may complete an internship for credit. Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
Successful interns may request a reference from their supervisor.