This internship is eligible for three academic credits.
University of Connecticut Athletics, located on the main campus in Storrs Connecticut, is actively seeking candidates to help our current Ticket Sales Staff with all of UConn’s Division I Men’s & Women’s ticketed sporting events – Which include games, outings and other miscellaneous events.
The purpose of the role is to provide the candidate with ample training, workshops, and shadowing experience directly with our team. You will be working in a high-paced environment, especially as we prepare for each new season every fall, winter and spring.
UConn Athletics is actively seeking an Inside Sales Intern that is not just motivated, but open to learn and grow within the sports industry. Most importantly, someone that is coachable. The Inside Sales Intern will report to the General Manager of Ticket Sales. This position will include the day-to-day management of how the sales process works, cold calls, prospecting, customer service, and lastly, how to make the sale. Throughout this internship, interns will perform essential duties that will contribute to the overall success of the Ticket Sales Department and help sell Season Tickets as well as specialty and Group Ticket packages.
· Work with ticket sales management team to execute ticket sales campaigns
· Help with tracking and execution of ticket sales
· General office day-to-day: Organizing, answering phones, data entry, mailing lists, & cold calls
· Ability to make decisions by using best judgment
· Prospect outreach (email, calls, in-person meetings)
· Work Sporting Events and potentially manage/carry out Group Experiences
Please contact Lindsey Kaplan with your updated resume to apply.