The Advancement Communications Social Media Intern will strategize, craft and execute content for all social media platforms for the UMass Chan Medical School Office of Advancement. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to develop skills and experience with a variety of tasks in the fundraising office of a world-class institution.
· Assist in maintaining various social media accounts for the UMass Chan Office of Advancement.
· Create compelling and engaging content for social channels.
· Create editorial calendars to promote fundraising for several initiatives including the UMass Chan Cancer Walk, campaigns and events.
· Develop creative ideas for social media campaigns.
· Help the Advancement team stay up to date with social media trends and updates.
· Monitor social progress using web analytic tools.
· Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Digital Marketing, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations).
· Experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
· An effective communicator, both written and oral.
· Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work independently with moderate supervision, consistently demonstrate a “can-do,” customer-service attitude and be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Possess strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities, as well as demonstrate creativity, initiative, good judgement and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply.
· Educational requirements include coursework related to marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, digital media, graphic design or related field.
· Paid Internship is available immediately.
· Flexible work schedule, with expectation of 5-10 hours per week.
· Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and writing and digital marketing samples to the contact below.