If you love event planning, making people have a good time, and are looking for experience to add to your resume, this internship is designed for you.
At Virtual, we work with hugely successful global companies, and our events team is a group of fun, smart people who do everything to ensure that these companies have well-planned, successful events. Take your learning outside of the classroom, and expand your social network to include people who do what you want to do every day and get paid well for it. Virtual can give you that opportunity, along with a fun culture and great learning environment.
You will also be joining and socializing with a great group of interns just like you!
- Assist with planning and managing logistics of meetings, conferences and events, including trade events. Tasks includes venue selection, food and beverage planning, A/V planning, and coordination of marketing materials and communications.
- Work with vendors to plan catering, audio/visual, giveaways, entertainment, photography, travel, hotel accommodations, etc. to ensure high quality events that are cost efficient.
- Assist in ordering supplies for meeting, ribbons for badges
- Initiate venue search for events
- Update budget spreadsheets as quotes/invoices become available
- Assist with set-up of online meeting registration systems/sites.
- Provide administrative support as needed; manage other projects as needed.
- Must be detail-oriented, with effective organizational and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work well under pressure, and have solid problem-solving, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Excellent customer-service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- High level of creativity and "rolled up sleeves" working style.
- Flexibility to work independently and as a team player.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and knowledgeable about Adobe.
- 3.0 GPA/Junior or Senior in college majoring in Hospitality/Events Management
- Serves as a great resume builder that can set you apart in such a competitive field where degrees are not enough
- The fun culture and business casual attitude of the company allows for an easy transition from classroom to office and is a great fit for young people being introduced to the business world
- Great for networking with like-minded people working in your field and doing the things you hope to do in the future, and allows you to shadow other departments you may be interested in to help you find your business niche
- You will share your experience with a whole group of interns from other colleges, all of you learning together and getting to know each other along the way
- Allows the chance to rub elbows with hugely successful global companies
- Believe it or not, you can even get paid for fun outings, such as the tenant summer barbeque in the parking lot, full day summer outing, hump day celebrations, mini-golf, laser tag, complimentary in-office massages, and MUCH MORE all curtesy of the Fun Committee (who knew such a thing even existed)!
- And of course we cannot forget free coffee, candy, and snacks during every work day!