*BONUS: Free employee housing through October 31st 2021*
The Kitchen Supervisor is responsible to assist in coordination and efficient kitchen operation, with emphasis on food ordering, kitchen production, sanitation and training. In addition, this position supports in food preparation, cooking, storing, labeling, checking food temperatures, organizing coolers, placing/receiving orders, prep lists, recipes, and specs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
· Responsible for assisting in overseeing the overall food production in the kitchen at The Grand Hotel Food and Beverage outlets. Ensures maximize profitability, minimize legal liability and conforms to the regulations of Coconino Health Department.
· Responsible for effective enforcement of all Xanterra Tusayan, LLC F&B hospitality standards, procedures, policies and environmental program.
· Responsible for proper food handling, such as; preventing cross contamination, proper temperature controls, thawing & holding. Maintain and review temperature logs on a daily basis; monitor temperatures of hot foot placed on the buffet. Discard those items found to be in the danger zone and record on waste sheets provided by Kitchen Manager.
· Enforces sanitary practices and compliance for food handling, wearing personal protective equipment, general cleanliness, and maintenance of food service areas and dining.
· Co-responsible for all food production in accordance with recipes or standards.
· Co-responsible for creating and maintaining a positive working relationship with Coconino Public Health Department and acting with vigilance in any areas dealing with concerns of public health.
· Must have a full understanding of company policies to be able to objectively observe and evaluate work performance of all employees on staff to ensure compliance, while providing a safe and healthy work environment.
· Must communicate with other F&B Managers regarding guests’ concerns or complaints, employees’ issues and/or concerns; maintenance repair needs; and suggestions for improvement on the efficiency and operation of the restaurant and business unit(s). Must accommodate our guests in the most professional manner possible.
· Ensure all guest complaints (food quality and quantity and ticket times) and employee concerns/issues are investigated, resolved and handled in a professional manner; follow up with Kitchen Manager , Operations Manager of General Manager.
· In absence of Kitchen Manager, responsible for coaching and mentoring staff to a level of acceptable work performance. When necessary, confer with Kitchen Manager, Operations Manager and General Manger to provide the necessary written documentation for an employee’s evaluation, corrective action reports.
· Responsible for conducting daily “Service Briefings” and training staff: proper evacuation procedures and how to execute plan timely, SDS location and comprehension, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) procedures, etc. Ensure staff is aware of any staffing issues, special events or equipment issues.
· Ensure that staff is adhering and in compliance with all prescribed Company, statutory/regulatory policies and procedures regarding worker safety (OSHA) and risk management.
· Responsible for completing accident reports thoroughly and communicating with the Risk Manager as soon as possible, following-up with Kitchen Manager, Operations Manager and General Manager .
· Support F& B training requirements by scheduling staff and assisting with conducting assigned classes. Enforce Food Safety and HACCP food sanitation program for entire food and beverage outlet kitchens.
· Oversees kitchen production in all food and beverage outlets to assure BOH labor, food and operational costs conform to budget limitations without sacrificing quality and perceived value for our guests.
· Oversees employees on shift to ensure that all assigned side work and published cleaning schedules are being completed. Assist with production throughout the day during rush hours.
· Follow-up to ensure there is proper rotation of food product, storage and inventory of all food products; with the goal of cross-utilization of all food products to minimize waste, theft and to control spoilage while staying within budget.
· Ensures buffet set-up, maintenance and break down in accordance with current timetable. Follows staffing guides for FOH and sets up sections for the meal period. Makes necessary adjustments based on staffing absences and last minute changes, such as increase/decreases in guest counts.
· Perform periodic walk-through in the kitchen and all other areas of food service to ensure food quality, consistency, presentation, cleanliness and safety are maintained. Working closely with FOH Managers.
· May participate in End of Month Inventory.
· Ensure staff members adhere to all grooming and uniform standards; meeting the appearance standards as outlined in the Xanterra Tusayan, LLC Employees Handbook and departmental guidelines.
· Under direction of Kitchen Manager and/or Assistant Kitchen Manager, work closely with the Steward to continually train in all aspects of the kitchen.
· Apply thorough knowledge of food preparation, including organization of daily menu production with the focus of maintaining food quality, spec consistency and buffet/plate presentation.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
· Two (2) years previous supervisory or lead cook experience in a high volume ala carte dining or institutional establishment with progressive cooking/menu development with the ability to train employees in all kitchen positions; with a goal of advancing staff within the kitchen.
· Prior experience with food production records, scheduling employees and inventory/cost controls.
· Bilingual (English/ Spanish) skills are desired to effectively communicate with all staff.
· Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
· Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions).
· Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills).
· Basic math skills.
· Computer skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
· Work in inclement kitchen conditions. (heat, steam, cold, chemicals)
· Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
· Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
· Complete required food safety courses and certifications.
· Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
· Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
· Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 40lbs.
· Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
· Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
· Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
· Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
· Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving our or fatiguing.
BENEFITS: For full-time employees, Xanterra offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental & Vision; HSA & FSA; Life & Disability; Accident, Hospital & Critical Illness; Pet Insurance; Vacation, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off; 401(k) with Company Match; Employee Assistance Plan; Education Assistance; and Employee Discounts and Travel Deals. Affordable dormitory housing and meal plan available.
EEO: Xanterra is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.