Being a Peer Mentor with You’re With Us! means providing meaningful social inclusion opportunities for individuals with disabilities on your college campus. As a mentor you will spend time with your mentee doing things you do everyday as a college student. Often times our individuals attend practices, games, club meetings, and events with their mentors.
At You’re With Us we believe that social connections are a basic human need, and as our mentor you will be helping to foster those connections in an environment your mentee may not otherwise have access to. As a mentor you will develop (1) leadership skills, empathy and acceptance; and (2) increased clinical/management intervention skills and techniques.
The peer mentor will report to the campus/regional case coordinator and have weekly check in meetings if needed.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
• Supervise participant engagement and activities within college group
• Compile data around inclusion for each activity
• Help brainstorm on problem solving around barriers that pop up within Positive Experience Design
• Assess how support services are helping with inclusion
• Supply one on one mentoring opportunities and coaching to improve social skills, employment and life skills