When it comes to career events and attire the name of the game is professional, professional, professional. Business professional attire is required, at the Nichols Career & Internship Fair on February 23rd. Making a good impression is always important when meeting potential employers, so here are a few tips on how to dress for success.
- A suit, (dress jacket with dress slacks or khakis)
- Button up dress shirt
- A tie
- Dress shoes (no sneakers)
- A suit (dress jacket with dress slacks, khakis, dress skirt)
- Blouse or dress shirt
- A dress with a blazer is also appropriate
- Limited jewelry
- Heels or flats (no sandals or boots)
Other tips for professional dress
- Your stomach, chest, and backside should be covered at all times
- Dresses and skirts should hit to your knee or close to it, bodycon and other tight style materials are not appropriate
Stay away from:
- Loud and bold prints, stick to classic solid colors like black, navy, gray, and brown tones
- Less is more with makeup
Keep it simple:
- The cleaner your clothes look the better, try to be wrinkle and pet-hair free
- Most importantly, do what you can, work with the pieces you have, borrow from a friend, or visit the Bison Boutique
Anyone who has ever gone shopping for professional attire knows that it is not always the most affordable clothing. For this reason the Career and Professional Development Center has created the Bison Boutique. This initiative was started in order to serve as “a lending closet for professional attire.” We have several suit jackets for men and dresses and jackets for women in a variety of sizes. When you find something you like, just sign out the item, sort of like a book at a library, and bring it back when you are done.
If you are interested in checking out the Bison Boutique, you can stop by during our office drop-in hours: 9:00am-11:00am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 1:00pm-3:00pm on Tuesday and Thursday. You can also call us at: 508-213-2489 or email at: email@example.com to make an appointment to check out what the boutique has to offer.