Welcome to the LGBTQIA+ Student Career Community! This community was created to support community members who self-identify as LGBTQIA+. Our goal in CPDC is to support our students in navigating career development; this community aims to provide specific resources to community members who identify as LGBTQIA+ in navigating the job search, the workplace and overall career development. CPDC is committed to supporting students and alumni in their Career Development. Use this page to:
- Explore career options
- Search identity specific Job boards to find exciting opportunities
- Read articles and success stories
- Explore career and identity resources
- Discover professional organizations that align with your identity and goals
- Execute and enrich your career development
Support Your Career Development
Can I use my chosen name on a resume or cover letter?
- Yes, because resumes and cover letters are not legal documents, you are not required to list your legal name.
Will I have to use my legal name at any point during my job search?
- Yes, unless you have legally changed your name, you will need to provide your legal name for background checks, Social Security documents and insurance forms. Human resource professionals can be a good source of information and are bound by confidentiality.
If you have questions, are looking for advice or want to talk through your career related thoughts, we would love to meet with you! Click HERE to schedule an appointment!
We will continue to update this community as we become aware of additional resources and opportunities.
Since 2003 the objective has always been about diversity and inclusion within the workforce. This program assists employers with the implementation of their D&I initiatives by matching them with job seekers that range from People Of Color, LGBTQA+, Veterans, People …